Acqua storia comune Neapolis
Tuffati nelle acque dolci e salate di Napoli
ACQUEDOTTO AUGUSTEO DEL SERINO
The Augustan Aqueduct of Serino is one of the most impressive infrastructures of the Roman era, about 100 km long, from its sources to Miseno. In the basement of the Peschici-Maresca Palace in Naples, two side-by-side sections of the aqueduct with a succession of brick and tuff pillars and arches have been discovered and identified. Archaeological evidence of exceptional interest for location and construction peculiarities. The VerginiSanità Association carries out an intensive research activity with the aim of enhancing and returning to public use these valuable findings, included in the complex cultural heritage of the area.
ANIAI Campania - Associazione degli Ingegneri e Architetti della Campania
ANIAI Campania, federated with the “Associazione Nazionale Ingegneri e Architetti Italiani” (ANIAI), is a free non-profit cultural association which intends to pursue objectives related to the promotion of collaborations at a scientific, technical, economic and social level between the professions, the University and various bodies; carrying out professional training activities for architects, engineers and other technicians; collaboration with the Councils of the provincial Orders, with ANIAI and with the cultural organizations whose programs are compatible with the statute of the association; the publication of a magazine, organ of the Association. ANIAI Campania has a library, named after Franco Tortorelli, made up of over 6,000 volumes.
CATACOMBE DI SAN GENNARO
Discover what lies below Naples with a guided tour of the Catacombs of San Gennaro. Learn about the close bond of faith between the city and its patron saint, San Gennaro.
• Travel back in time and explore the most important catacombs of southern Italy
• See grand underground basilicas and valuable frescos more than 1,000 years old
• Journey through more than 2,000 years of art and faith
• Support a project for the redevelopment of the beautiful Rione Sanità district
Chiesa di Santa Luciella ai Librai
The Cultural Association Respiriamo Arte carries out guided tours every day in the small Church of Santa Luciella ai Librai. Founded in 2013 by the desire of four young Neapolitans to enhance the cultural heritage of the city and create jobs for young professionals, Respiriamo Arte with great commitment and dedication has made accessible again this monument completely forgotten and disfigured for over 30 years. After the necessary operations of security, restoration and cleaning, since 2019 Santa Luciella has been returned to the city as a place of worship, social inclusion and tourist and cultural development through projects and initiatives implemented by the association.
The Church, founded by Bartolomeo Di Capua in 1327, is dedicated to Saint Lucy, the patron saint of the eyesight. In the XVIII century it became, in fact, a place of worship of the Corporation of Pipernieri, Tagliamonti and Fabbricatori (stonemasons) who entrusted the saint with the protection of the eyes, so often put at risk by their hard work.
In the hypogeum is also kept the famous skull with ears, emblematic expression of the so-called “cult of capuzzelle”. A very particular skull to which the Neapolitans until a few decades ago turned their prayers, in the hope that listening to them, took them directly to the afterlife: a real messenger between the world of the living and the dead.
Info e contatti
Vico Santa Luciella n.5 Napoli 80138
Chiesa dei SS. Filippo e Giacomo: Complesso dell’Arte della Seta
The cultural association Respiriamo Arte carries out guided tours on weekends in the Church of the Noble Silk Art dedicated to the Saints Philip and James. Founded in 2013 by the desire of four young Neapolitans to enhance the cultural heritage of the city and create jobs for young professionals, since 2015 Respiriamo Arte has taken care of this monumental complex and with many efforts have been made accessible some areas until then not unavailable as the sacristy, the archaeological area and the crypt, closed and abandoned after the earthquake of 1980.
The Silk Art, the ancient guild of silk weavers was made official in Naples in 1477 by King Ferrante of Aragon, built this complex right in the heart of Naples from the end of the Sixteenth century with the Church and Conservatory for the poor “Figliuole della Seta”.
During the tour, you will be accompanied to the places reopened by the association, you will admire some ancient silks made by expert Neapolitan weavers and we will rediscover Naples as an important centre of production and processing of silk
Info e contatti
Via San Biagio dei Librai 118 Napoli 80138
Chiesa dei SS. Filippo e Giacomo: Complesso dell’Arte della Seta
Complesso Museale dei Pellegrini – via Portamedina, 41 – Napoli
lun-ven 9:30 – 16:00; sab. 10-14 info, prenotazioni e biglietteria: www.museodeipellegrini.it
Historic seat of the Arciconfraternita dei Pellegrini in the 'Pignasecca' district, open-air market and area of historical and artistic interest. Two churches: S.M. Materdomini (1574) and SS. Trinità (1798 Carlo Vanvitelli), the choir with a dome with pure gold motifs, the monumental Terrasanta (18th century G.A. Medrano and G. Astarita) and historic rooms. Paintings by B.Campi, C.Maratta, F.De Mura, A.Vaccaro, F.Fracanzano, O.Palumbo, D.Barra, G.Bonito, G.Diano; frescoes by M.De Gregorio, G.Cammarano and C.Gamba; statues by F.Laurana, G.L.Della Monica, F.Pagano, A.Viva. Artistic reliquaries.
It is a multidisciplinary project for the recovery of the forgotten water of Naples for the purpose of reusing it to safeguard biodiversity, for re-naturalization and to combat climate change at an urban level. CoolCity wants to mend the city's relationship with the nature of its territory, through the use of its neglected waters that still flow under the surface. The superficial runoff of the Neapolitan waters, in collaboration with green areas, can contrast the heat islands and restore environmental comfort in the prolonged periods of summer heat.
Il Forte di Vigliena
The Fort of Vigliena is located in the area of San Giovanni a Teduccio, on the edge of the consolidated historic city. It was designed by military engineer Filippo Marinello in 1706 by order of spanish Viceroy Juan Manuel Fernandes Pacheco - duke of Escalona and marquis of Villena - to build a fortress armed with cannons to defend the coast from enemy attacks from the sea. Originally the layout was symmetrical, with a pentagonal base.
IL MUSEO NAVALE DELL’UNIVERSITA’ “PARTHENOPE”
The museum heritage of the Parthenope University of Naples (formerly Istituto Universitario Navale founded in 1920) consists of a collection of static models of ships and nautical teaching instruments which, in addition to remembering and telling their own centenary history, represent the close link that the city of Naples has always been with the sea. The Maritime Museum has found its location and an organic exhibition arrangement on the upper floor in the splendid Villa Doria d'Angri, overlooking the sea on the Posillipo hill.
LUPT & Cool City: itinerario tra i pozzi di Napoli
An itinerary among the wells of Naples to rediscover the origins of the city, a mapping of the hydraulic infrastructures that formed it and that contributed to the development of urban planning, landscape and Neapolitan culture. The project stems from a collaboration between the L.U.P.T. of the Federico II University of Naples and the lan association, starting from the idea that water is the source of life.
Master di Secondo Livello in Pianificazione e Progettazione Sostenibile delle Aree Portuali
The Master's program trains professionals capable of integrating planning and design disciplines with knowledge of socio-economic and ecological-environmental dynamics, management aspects, organizational rules and operation of ports, port areas and city-port, from a sustainability perspective. The teaching program is articulated into frontal and laboratory activities, with contributions from scientific and technical experts, and builds opportunities for interdisciplinary and in-depth study.
Molo San Vincenzo
San Vincenzo pier is the main outer breakwater of the Port of Naples, with an important historical-cultural and landscape-architectural value. The Friends of Molo San Vincenzo Heritage Community (CNR IRISS, Community Psychology Lab, aniai Campania, Propeller Club Port of Naples) has been active since 2015 to give back the pier to the city both in its port function and as a public space open to the community, fostering dialogue and collaboration between the institutions involved. Thanks also to this commitment, today the pier can be visited by appointment:https://www.comune.napoli.it/molosanvincenzo
Not he who begins but he who perseveres! Follow us!
Il Museo dell’Acqua
The Water Museum, along the underground path of the Basilica della Pietrasanta, now known as the LAPIS Museum, is located in the heart of the historic center of Naples. One kilometer long and 40 meters deep, this itinerary allows you to travel back in time 2000 years, when these subsoil environments of ancient Neapolis were excavated by the Greeks and incorporated by the Romans in a futuristic water system that served Naples until at the end of the 19th century. Among the points of greatest interest is the Piscina del Principe, the largest Greco-Roman cistern in the ancient centre. A fascinating journey to get to know the "Naples above" better, through the cisterns, cavities and tunnels of the "Neapolis below".
ll Museo delle Arti Sanitarie e Storia della Medicina di Napoli
The Museum of Sanitary Arts and History of Medicine in Naples, located in the monumental courtyard of the Hospital of Santa Maria del Popolo degli Incurabili, occupies the spaces designated in the 16th century by the foundress Maria Longo to house the Pentite, former prostitutes converted to assist syphilis patients. The museum consists mainly of private collections of objects, instruments and books that became a museum itinerary to save the memory of the Neapolitan medical school and the health history of the South. On the wide piperno staircase there is the well known as the “pozzo dei pazzi”which recalls the presence of the mad at the Incurabili and suggests a therapeutic-punitive function linked to the legendary figure of the Master of the Mad Giorgio Cattaneo (Mastro Giorgio).
Zoological Museum of Naples
The Museum was established by Gioacchino Murat with a decree of 18 February 1813. It is an important institution in the cultural system of the Neapolitan city, which today can boast, among other things, a vast collection of vertebrates, in which there is no shortage of specimens of great historical and scientific interest, such as those of numerous species now extinct. The magnificent furnishings from the early nineteenth century give the Zoology Museum of the Natural and Physical Sciences Museum Center a splendid setting of harmonious elegance and high historical-artistic value, guardian of unique finds in the world.
Parco Sommerso di Gaiola
The Marine Protected Area Gaiola Underwater Park extends for about 42 hectares of sea and takes its name from the two homonymous small islands. Managed by the CSI Gaiola, the Park owes its peculiarity to the combination of volcanological, biological and archaeological aspects. In fact, under its waters that teem with life, the ancient structures of the Maritime Roman Villa of Pausilypon (I B.C.) lie, due to the phenomenon of Bradyseism. A charming natural reserve located in one of the most suggestive coastal landscape of the Naples Bay, characterized by cliffs of Yellow Neapolitan Tuff and Mediterranean vegetation.
Piscina Mirabilis is the largest and most monumental cistern of drinkable water ever built by the ancient Romans. It had the function of supplying water to the numerous ships belonging to the Classis Misenensis of the Roman Navy, once moored in the nearby port of Miseno. The cistern, also known as "the Water Cathedral " for its largeness and majesty, is located in Bauli, the name that the ancient Romans gave to the current city of Bacoli.
Stazione Marittima www.terminalnapoli.it
The “Stazione Marittima” is located on the Angioino pier in the port of Naples, a monumental project by architect Cesare Bazzani inaugurated in 1936 and aimed at making the port of Naples the largest port in the Mediterranean sea.
Today, the Maritime Station is managed by Terminal Napoli SpA and, in addition to its function as a cruise dock, is a place at the service of the city, transforming its spaces over time: today it includes a Conference Centre, a Shopping Centre, a service centre and a 4-star hotel.
Stazione zoologica con aquarium e Museo Darwin-Dohrn www.szn.it
The Anton Dohrn Zoological Station was founded in 1872 by German scientist Anton Dohrn. Today it is a public research institute, among the most important in the world in the fields of marine biology and ecology. Founded with the aim of facilitating basic research by hosting scientists who needed marine organisms for their studies, today its mission is to promote research on fundamental biological processes, with specific reference to marine organisms and their biodiversity, in close connection with the study of their evolution and the dynamics of marine ecosystems. The study of consequent biotechnological applications is an important part of the Institution's mission.